Beauty!

Ye old Raleigh

Ye old Raleigh




Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Truth of It All

I could have gone out to the local webspace and found a truing stand for my dishonest wheels, but that would be blasphemic (should be a word), according to BikeHacks.com. I thoroughly agreed. Behind the dumpster, buried in tall grass, was a junked MTB that I only found because Lucy and I stepped on it. "What could this be?" said I to Lucy, to which she did not respond in a language I could have understood. I dug and dug that frame out of the grass, brought it home, and shamelessly stripped it for all it was worth. And waddaya know that frame had some shiny new pressed crown races and cups, but that's for later...

Cleaned up the fork and placed it in a vice bolted to my computer desk. Slapped the proper sticker on it, zip ties, and voila! Le truing stand. With help from mulled wine and my new copy of The Bicycle Wheel by Jobst Brandt, I got them damn circular tinsel-tooth mutes to speak the Truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment







Truing Stand


Key Spoke

trailing spokes

Leading Spokes in a Cross 3